<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Fun Stuff • Weaving + Cat Poncho + Blog Life

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fun Stuff • Weaving + Cat Poncho + Blog Life

This week was all about resetting after Re:Make last weekend.  I didn't do a lot of posting beside my daily drawings and really just spent a lot of time cleaning the apartment and organizing my thoughts around my shop.  Spring and Summer are really rough for a scarf business and I've been getting ready to expand my offerings again.  This time reaching back into a familiar wheelhouse that feels a lot more "me" than some of the other ventures I've tried lately.  It's felt pretty great, actually ^_^  But, I'll go into more detail about all that mess later.

Here's some fun stuff I found on the internet this week!
  • I'm a little obsessed with peg boards right now and considering this one is comically large, it's pretty much perfection in my eyes.
  • Rachel can do some magical things with alcohol inks.  These dyed candles that she shared on Poppytalk are super cute and make me want to try out those crazy inks.
  • I've been loving the weavings that another Rachel (so many creative Rachels!) has been posting to instagram and I'm totally down with this super simple DIY to make your own loom.
  • This DIY hanging mirror is so fun!  I would paint it pink. 
  • The folks from A Beautiful Mess have been on a roll this week.  I've been devouring their new Blog Life e-course.  I got their Blog Love e-course about a year ago and it really helped me get this blog together when I decided to get a little more serious with it.  Now all the advice in the new one is really made to take your little space on the internet to a whole new level.  
  • One of their writers also shared a really great post about prime lenses and focal lengths.  If you take photos of anything at all, this post is really helpful.
  • This 2014 company guide for Nintendo is absolutely gorgeous.  I love the history and styling of their early products.  They started out making playing cards!
  • I love this piece about why Brooke Birmingham refused to put a shirt on for Shape magazine.  I was so sucked in to this story.  I cannot tell you how proud I am of women who really speak out against beauty standards.
  • I'm always drawn to bright and airy spaces.  And mid-century everything.  So this dining room looks like heaven.  It could use a little more pink, though :P
  • OMG how cute is this couch?!
  • Decorating a bathroom with thrift store beach and ocean scene painting is such a cool idea.
  • I can't believe how gorgeous this mirror is.

ON THE PINK SAMURAI THIS WEEK...
Again, I really just posted some daily holidays this week. There were some really great ones!
And, as always, if you kind of loved this post be sure to check out the others in this series.  I promise there's lots of pink and cats.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Anonymous Rachel | The Crafted Life said...

Ah, thank you so much for including me with all these awesome things! I really can't get over that weight loss story either. She totally rules!

Also! I'm taking the e-course too and am part of a mini FB group with other bloggers to chat about it. Shoot me an email if you'd like to join :) (hello@thecraftedlife.com)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home