<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY • Cat Coasters • Plastic Canvas Blog Hop

The Pink Samurai

Monday, April 14, 2014

DIY • Cat Coasters • Plastic Canvas Blog Hop

When I saw Diane of CraftyPod tweet that she was planning a blog hop around plastic canvas projects, I got way excited.  I'm stoked to be the first blog on the list to show my plastic canvas creations!  I had to make something cat-related, because my home still has a few things that don't have cats on them and that must be remedied immediately.

My family always had these funny plastic canvas coasters that looked like little rugs with fringe on the end that said "mug rug" on them, so I thought it would be fun to make my own set of coasters.  These aren't quite as kitschy as the mug rugs, but I think they're fun!

After getting some inspiration from CraftyPod for circular designs, I set to work on these lil guys.  Have a look!
SUPPLIES
DIRECTIONS
  • Draw the cut-out shape with your Sharpie.  This is the line that will make the ear shape.
  • Cut along the line to define the ears.
  • Sew whatever design you want into the canvas and you're done!  It's ridiculously easy.
Seriously, they were super easy to make.  I made all three in one evening while watching TV.  If you're looking for some inspiration on what kinds of designs to use, definitely check out CraftyPod.  She's got lots of great tutorials.  I used this one to make the black coaster and this one to start thinking outside the box for the grey and white coasters.

I hope you like them!  Plastic canvas DIYs are really easy to get into and while larger projects can be time-consuming, I think they're really fun.  And I can always get behind a crafty medium I can use to make cats.

Be sure to check out the other projects in the blog hop!


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:22 PM , Anonymous pam harris said...

"Like them'? I love them to pieces! Clever! Very clever! And adorable!

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Michelle L. said...

Meow!!! Those are too sweet for words.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Super Cute!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Stephanie @ Swoodson Says said...

These are adorable, I love the simplicity of the design. If I hadn't sold our coffee table, I'd make some :P

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Wonky Patchwork said...

These are so cute! Gorgeous idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home