<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday: Room Service Vintage

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Room Service Vintage




Room Service Vintage
website | facebook | twitter
address : 107 E. North Loop Blvd., Austin, TX 78705
hours :  Sunday - Saturday: 11pm - 7pm



Today is another stop on North Loop.  Across the street from Ermine Vintage and Hog Wild Vintage, is Room Service Vintage.  It's been around for over 30 years and is chock full of vintage goodness.  This shop is larger than the other two as it houses multiple vendors as opposed to having one owner.  The exterior alone told me this was a place I would love.  I mean, look at that signage!  It's another one of those places that might overwhelm you with happiness at all the stuff, when you first walk in.  After the initial "omg moment" I was greeted with a friendly welcome and decided to dive in. 

They've got bunches of furniture outside, so be sure to take a peek before you go in.  That dining set would look so perfect in a bright little breakfast nook, don't you think?
When I walked in, I figured I'd just go to the right and see what I could see.  I was immediately greeted by mid-century desks and chairs.  All the furniture was great quality and I didn't see many pieces that would need TLC.  It was surprising because they're prices weren't out of control.  I think we'll definitely have a piece from here in our home soon!
There's so much here, it's easy to over look the smaller stuff, but take the time to look through displays...I think you'll be glad.  I'm so happy I didn't miss these vintage photographs.  I adore old photos, I love thinking about who the people were and why they took them.  Mysteries!
I mean, really?!  I don't think all of it could fit in our apartment and that's just a shame.
SCIENCE!
Be sure to check out all the light fixtures and artwork on the walls.  The lights were some of the most unique I'd seen while thrifting.
Look at that creep on the left!  The rest are super cute...but that guy's a total creep.
I always thumb through the records.  How wonderful would this be at Halloween?
The displays and vignettes throughout the store really show it's personality along with showcasing the products.  Every little nook and cranny was thoughtfully designed.
Clothes!  There's lots of clothes, all organized by color.  I didn't have much time to peek through the selection because the vendor was there adding new inventory!  It was so great to talk with her.  It's also fun to put a face to a display.  The folks who vend at vintage shops like this really care about what they do and are just as excited about that stellar find as we are.  I'm so glad they're out hunting so we can buy their wares.
Let's talk about how gorgeous these compacts are.  Ugh!  All their jewelry is organized by color and clearly labeled with "pierced" and "clip-ons" for the earrings.  Definitely helpful.  I got the earrings worn in this post from here!
You know I love pins.  Especially, out-of-context pins :P
I just loved this display.  The colors and patterns are so fun!
This was the last place I peeked before leaving and I think it's my favorite spot in the shop.  The floor creaked a little when I stepped in the room and with the decorated ceiling, it felt like I was in a different place and time.

Room Service Vintage is an Austin institution.  If you don't go by at least once, you're doing yourself a disservice.  I need to go back and see if they have that ever elusive perfect mid-century coffee table I've been looking for for months!




/// If you've got any shops you love, or own, that you'd like me to feature, just shoot a note over to becky@thepinksamurai with the name, website/facebook, address, hours a few things that make it awesome, I'd love to take a look!!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

love this place!

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger nicole s. said...

this is my most favorite shop in the whole world. it might actually be my favorite place in austin. i have so many memories coming here as a kid, and especially preteen, with my aunt or any other family member i could get to take me. just looking through your photos is giving me the warm and fuzzies!

i'm so glad you loved it as much as i did. can't wait to see which piece of furniture eventually comes home with you!

xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home