<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Paper Bear

The Pink Samurai

Monday, July 18, 2011

Paper Bear

I've teased a little bit about Paper Bear before, but this store needs it's own post. During visit to Texas a couple of months ago, I had to take Andy and we took tons of pictures. Paper Bear was a staple to every visit to my Grandmother's house and it used to behuge. As a kid, I'd walk in and follow the yellow brick road to the room in that back where the floor was covered in movie posters and there were toys and stuffed animals and books and everything a kid could possibly every dream of wanting. So much of it was educational, too. I could spend hours. Especially since the entire back wall was filled with bins that contained hundreds of little knick-knacks and tacky toys. They were just cents each so my cousins and I would always get to pick something out that we cherished the whole weekend we'd be visiting.

In recent years, Paper Bear fell victim to our economic times and had to reduce it's size. They had two adjoining store fronts and squeezed into just one. It's amazing how much they were able to fit in a smaller space. I do regret that the wonderful movie poster floor was destroyed as they gave up that half of their shop. But it's still a must visit. Check the pics!

DSC00072_2
DSC00074_2
DSC00071_2
DSC00073_2
DSC00068_2
DSC00079_2
DSC00078_2
DSC00076_2
DSC00069_2
DSC00080_2
DSC00081_2
DSC00090_2
DSC00087_2
DSC00085_2
DSC00084_2
DSC00083_2
DSC00086_2
DSC00093_2
DSC00095

There was a yellow brick road that led to the toys and the plastic bins were still in full effect. I thought things were dense before, but now it's even more packed than before. So much awesome in one place. We got some Hello Kitty cups (this was the place that originally made me a Kitty-holic) and that teal Kit-Kat Clock is absolutely on my kitchen wall right now. We got tons of funny ticky-tacky things and loved every minute of digging around in here. Someday I will buy that 8000 piece puzzle for my mom ^_^ Also, any place that had a shop cat is so pro.

<3

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Sherisa D said...

whoa! look at all that cool stuff! jealous :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home