<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: When I don't have time to craft...I blog about people who do

The Pink Samurai

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

When I don't have time to craft...I blog about people who do

So Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty full school days. Class from 8am-5pm with a break in between. My boyfriend is class till 8pm which is teh suck. I have work after school tomorrow...double plus suck. So tonight is homework night. Damn you priorities.

Here's some stuff to keep you busy:

The Pink of Perfection is a great how to site that does more that just crafty stuff. I get lost on this site forreal. I think the record into a mail organizer made it on my To-Craft List.

EcoEtsy is a group my cousin-in-law Sarah founded. It helps promote ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle when crafting and shipping. There are some awesome ideas here and as a group is starting pretty strong.

The ever lovely EtsyLabs always has something fun for us to do. The tutorial I linked to is actually really high up on my list. We have accumulated so many plastic bags from grocery shopping and the like...I just hate to throw them away knowing they're just going to sit in a landfill for years to come. This is a perfect way to reuse and repurpose! Do this if you like...if not...send all your plastic bags to meeeeeee ^_^



Also, I'm working on something cool and way hard for school. I'm in a relief printmaking class this semester. We did some woodcut, linocut (my favorite!) and now we're onto wood engraving. It's what they used back in the day to make letters and illustrations for printing presses. It'll make your eyes cross and back hurt, but looks amazing when done right. I'm working on a Singer 201-2. The kind of Singer my Grandmom used. This is the photo being used:


Minus the collectibles type of course >_<>

1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM , Blogger Donna Pool said...

Oooh...I want one of those prints of the Singer when you get it done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home